For more info or an updated itinerary, please contact us.
Thank you for your enquiry on the JOY! Christian Cruise for 2020. You are going to have a great trip with our various guest speakers and our pastoral team! In order to book, there are a few small steps you need to complete, please SEE ATTACHED for a full itinerary and below for details on how to book. Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact our offices. This is the only local cruise JOY! Magazine will be offering for 2020. Limited spaces so do not miss out!
- JOY! Magazine Christian cruise from Durban to Mozambique (Pomene Island) aboard MSC Musica for 4 nights, 5 days
- Package includes all meals, entertainment, access to various JOY! Magazine events as well as use of all the ships complimentary facilities and services
- You will need a valid passport for this cruise (valid for 6 months from date of travel with 3 blank pages)
You do not need any vaccinations
- Kids under 18 travel free if sharing with 2 adults (As per MSC the food and accommodation is free). Mandatory charges of taxes, insurance and port fees apply for children. These are reduced rates and are as follows: Infant (0-1.99 years = R1000) Child (2-18 years = R2000).
- To travel with children, you must have a valid passport for the child as well as an unabridged birth certificate for the child. If travelling without both parents, additional documentation is required (please chat to our offices).
- The Musica offers a range of cabin accommodation ranging from the cheapest (inside cabins) to the most expensive (balcony cabins). All of these cabin options offer limited availability, so book now to avoid disappointment
- MSC uses a “dynamic booking system” which means the prices fluctuate month to month based on demand and booking popularity. Prices as advertised may not always be available, as the prices increase as demand grows. BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR PRICE!
- The Musica offers a range of services (spa, fitness centre, kids entertainment, indoor/outdoor swimming pool and Jacuzzis, amphitheatre with cabaret shows and more). The kids club is free, although “after-hours” baby sitting services can be arranged at a set fee. For more information on the ship, please click on this link https://www.msccruises.co.za/en-za/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Musica.aspx
- There will be a range of JOY! activities and seminars on board the ship, please see attached itinerary for more info
HOW TO BOOK AND PAY
- You can only book for the JOY! Christian Cruise through our JOY! Travel Offices on 021 852 4061 or email@example.com
- Unfortunately If you try to book via MSC direct you will not be given access to the JOY! Events, so you must book through our offices.
- We are advertising this cruise months in advance, you can enjoy up to 30% discount! Please note there is a small entertainment levy added to your booking to cover the guest speaker seminars and JOY! magazine subscription included in your trip
- Once you are given a quote, you only need to pay a 50% deposit ASAP to reserve your space (either by credit card or EFT)
- Balance of the cruise is payable 90 days prior to departure. Should you need a payment extension please chat to us. We would hate for anyone to miss out.
Shuttles to the port
At the Durban airport (outside the food court by Mugg and Bean) there are MSC shuttles that you can take to the port. These have to be paid for in cash; they leave every hour.
- Adults: R145 per adult per way
Kids aged 3 and over: R145 per child per way
Kids under 3: Free
- Shuttle buses from the Airport to the port run on the hour starting from 08h00; with the last shuttle departing the airport 3 hours prior to the ship departure time. Porters are available to load / unload baggage from the buses
Embarkation Note:Shuttle staff will check and remind passengers not to pack their passports / cruise documentation into their checked luggage as these documents need to be checked at the check-in counters and immigration control once at the terminal. Passengers who arrive by shuttle are assigned a designated cruise check-in lane facilitating shorter lines and quicker embarkation.
- Alternatively you can take an uber / taxi from the airport to the port
Parking at the Durban Harbour
Car parking is available only in Durban on a first come first served basis. The fare is approx. R120 per car per night (valid for all car types), which will be converted into USD at the actual exchange rate and will be added to your onboard account.
Please note: all vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk and MSC Cruises will not be liable for any loss or damage to any vehicles or articles therein, through any cause whatsoever. Drivers are required to sign an indemnity at the Port.
Day of Cruise Arrival back in Durban Harbour
- The cruise disembarkation will take place from 06h45 – 08h30. You can either book an MSC excursion for that last day (to see Durban aquarium etc) or you can book an MSC shuttle from the port back to the airport. Or you can always take your own taxi / uber service.
- Disembarkation Note: Shuttle buses from the port to the airport run on the hour from 06h30 with the last shuttle being at 08h00 sharp.
- For your return flight home, I suggest that you budget at least 1 hour to get from ship to airport and another hour for safety (in case the ship is delayed…which never usually happens).
- You should aim to fly 3 hours from when you disembark the ship; you can choose to disembark early at 06h45 or later at 08h30.
We do hope you can join us and enJOY one of our tours